Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Detroit Pride Project



Detroit Pride Project
Design by Joe Posch & Claire Nelson (June 2011)

I was super excited when I heard Motor City Pride, Michigan's largest LGBT celebration, was moving back to downtown Detroit where it began 25 years ago. I wanted to help, so I attended an initial planning meeting to find out what local merchants could do. My friend Joe Posch (aka Supergay Detroit) came up with the great idea to bring independent retailers and restaurants together for one big corporate-sized sponsorship. A bunch of us got on the phones, and forty-five businesses signed on. It was fun working with Joe on our full-page ad for Between the Lines. Seeing all those logos together -- many for new businesses opened by friends in the last 5-10 years -- warmed my heart. Viva the independents! For more info, click here and here.